On September 11, 2018, don't miss this hot topic seminar - Implications of Cannabis Legalization brought to you by Insurance Insitute Hamilton/Niagara Chapter & the Insurance Brokers Association of Hamilton.
Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2018
Location: Hamilton/Niagara Chapter Office, 1439 Upper Ottawa Street, Unit 4 & 5
Presenter: Mario Fiorino, B.A, LL.B, M.ED | Insurance Bureau of Canada
Costs: $129.98 (includes tax) Member EarlyBird (Reg. before Aug. 11/18) | $137.86 Member (includes tax) | $162.72 Non-Member (includes tax)
Topic: Implications of Cannabis Legalization: A Personal and Commercial Lines Perspective
RIBO Accreditation: 1.5 Management |1.5 Technical (awaiting approval)
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
As of July 1, 2018, cannabis possession and consumption will be legal in Canada – immediately impacting all aspects of property and casualty insurance. In this session, we’ll bring you up-to-the-minute information on the changing regulatory and risk landscapes and corresponding potential solutions.
Exploration of new regulatory landscapes:
- FEDERAL (production of marijuana) – operation of motor vehicles, heavy equipment
andmachinery, assessment of the technical aspect
- PROVINCIAL (sales and distribution of marijuana) – understanding the patchwork rules, what is different provincially vs other jurisdictions
- MUNICIPAL – applicable by-laws, tax implications
Review of the risks associated with possession and use of cannabis in the following contexts:
- Automobile liability – the coverage implications of legislation, state of technology for testing, roadside test pilot, new drug impaired
- Social and commercial host liability – cannabis-related impairment, development of common law negligence
- Condominium management and directors duties – rules and responsibilities, how to balance rights of the individual vs the condo
This is “need-to-know” information for all insurance professionals, delivered by one of the most qualified presenters in our industry.
Registration InformationPlease register below. You have two payment options - pay online or mail a
Register Here1. Complete form on this page and click 'submit.'
2. You will be redirected to a secure payment page.
3. Upon completion of payment, you will receive an email with a copy of your invoice.